Basic Understandings and Agreements
- You understand that WPTechGuru is a SERVICE of Empowered Marketing, LLC.
- You agree to use strong passwords. We STRONGLY recommend that you use a password manager like LastPass.com.
- You agree NOT to allow other people to use your login credentials. Even if it is for transferring to another company, we will help make the process easy. Just ask us and we’ll set up a new user account for anyone who needs access to your website back end.
- You agree to use email as the primary means of communication with us. Phone requests should be limited to scheduling appointments and emergencies. Texting is NOT acceptable.
- By entering into an agreement with Empowered Marketing, LLC you affirm that your website isn’t used in malicious or illegal ways including spam, pornography, or bullying.
- You authorize us to install any plugin or change any code we deem necessary to maintain security and functioning of your WordPress installation.
- You authorize us to put your website in “maintenance mode” if necessary (this replaces your website with a temporary message explaining that we are working on your site)
- We agree to communicate with developers of plugins and themes who respond to support or related requests.
- Until we have access to your website AND control over it (via cPanel or another Control Panel such as Plesk or Interworx) we accept no responsibility for your website, EVEN if you have started payments.
- If your website was built by Empowered Marketing, LLC it was built with the intention of complying with ADA guidelines for websites; we accept no liability for failing to meet these guidelines. If your website was built by a third party or you have the capability of editing your own website; we accept no liability for failing to meet these guidelines.
- You agree to monitor your website on a regular basis (weekly recommended) and report problems as soon as possible. You could notice a problem before we do.
- We reserve the right to change the pricing (you will be notified prior to any change).
- We reserve the right to modify our “Repair Service Details” and “Terms” at any time. Modifications will be either in your favor, or minor in nature. Major modifications will be brought to your attention.
- You agree to treat us with respect – verbal abuse, disrespectful behavior, childish behavior will not be tolerated.
- You agree to indemnify Empowered Marketing, LLC—see details.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Situations and Actions
- If your website is compromised (hacked) and we discover the use of weak passwords, or other unusual situations causing the website to be more vulnerable you agree to pay up to $500 for website repair based on the hours it takes to restore your site to pre-hacked condition. Asking us to ignore a known vulnerability is a situation where you would agree to cover the cost of website repair.
Plugin or Theme Conflicts and Problems
- WordPress Plugin or themes can cause problems due to conflicts and lack of the developer’s maintenance. If this occurs we will likely have to charge you for the time it takes to repair at $150 per hour. (Typically it take 15-30 minutes to repair but can take longer in some cases.)
- Any Repair Services requiring a programmer to resolve may be billed at $175/hour. Typically this is a plugin or theme problem that the developer has ignored or failed to address in a timely manner.
Cancellation or Termination
- We reserve the right to remove premium plugins licensed to Empowered Marketing, LLC when you cancel your plan. Plugins essential to the functioning of your website will either be replaced with free plugins OR left in place but with the license removed. To update premium themes or plugins left in place you need to purchase your own licenses or work with a webmaster that holds the same licenses for multiple websites.
- We reserve the right to terminate your plan and hosting due to repeated late payments. Late payments are payments that are more than 15 days past due.
- We will shut down your website upon request made by email.
- We reserve the right to shut down your website due to non-payment. Failure to pay an invoice within 30 days from the “invoice date” is considered non-payment.
- After taking down your website restoration of your website will incur a fee of $150 in addition to any past due amounts.
Extras Included With Your Plan
- All premium themes and plugins for which Empowered Marketing, LLC (aka. Frank’s Designs) has an unlimited license are available at no charge.
- Migration of your website to or from any of our servers at no cost.
- Awesome Customer Service.
Excluded from Your Plan
- If your website uses a premium (paid) theme or plugin for which we don’t maintain a license or plugin and we need to purchase it to obtain the current version you will be billed for it and are responsible for the ongoing costs.
- Email hosting is NOT included unless specifically requested. We offer premium, domain based email hosting at a discount including webmail, outlook, and gmail based accounts.
- Support is limited to the functioning of the email system. No need to call a third party. We will address issues for you.
- Support for email account set up on devices is limited to the help page on account setup. We can set devices up for you at $150/hour.
- If your website is poorly designed, or uses a poorly designed theme we can still speed it up dramatically but we can’t promise the kinds of speeds you can get with a well designed site. If you need a well designed website ask us! That is what we do!
- Repairing pre-existing problems (error messages, non-functioning elements etc.) on your website is excluded. By entering an agreement with us you are authorizing us to repair those pre-existing problems at a rate of $150/hour unless a programmer is needed. Programmer hours are billed at $175/hour.
- If Broken Links are reported by our system we will fix occasional problems at no charge. Extensive fixing of broken links will be billed with the next invoice. Links may be unlinked, relinked to new links or deleted at our sole discretion.
- If a problem appears immediately after we transfer your site to one of our servers that is not quickly resolved we reserve the right to bill you for the time required to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. This is considered a pre-existing problem.
- If you have existing, files, code and/or you hire a 3rd party programmer outside of the relationship with Empowered Marketing, LLC: Empowered Marketing, LLC has no obligation to resolve problems caused by items created outside of our authority. Upon request Empowered Marketing, LLC (WPTechGuru) may offer to troubleshoot, and if possible resolve the problem. You agree that problems with programming, integrations or applications not developed by Empowered Marketing, LLC are your responsibility and you agree to work with the 3rd party developers or programmers and compensate them if necessary.
- Empowered Marketing, LLC will cooperate fully with 3rd party developers, programmers or integrators to help resolve problems quickly. If you need Empowered Marketing, LLC’s’ team to resolve a problem developed by a 3rd party we may charge hourly for our services.
- Empowered Marketing, LLC has no obligation for files outside of your WordPress installation. Any work on these files will be billled hourly.
If You Have Your Own Hosting
Empowered Marketing, LLC accepts no liability or responsibility for your server, its security, or its configuration but we will help you to make educated decisions.
- Empowered Marketing, LLC will work with cPanel as needed to provided maintenance and tech support for your website(s).
- Empowered Marketing, LLC will contact your hosting provider and act as your representative only to solve active problems with a specific website, or when and if there is a server problem affecting your sites.
- Unless your plan includes Management Tasks (things you ask us to do for you), you agree that management requests are “Pay as you go” at $150/hour unless a programmer is needed. Programmer hours are billed at $175/hour.
- Serving as an intermediary with your hosting provider when it isn’t specific to provide routine maintenance and tech support for your website(s) will be billed at a rate of $150/hour. Examples:
- Chatting with or calling your hosting provider on your behalf regarding actual or hypothetical changes in server configuration.
- Contacting the sales department of your hosting provider to change services.
Legacy Plans (and Special Situations)
The Essentials Plan has been terminated.
If you have the legacy Essentials Plan or agree to a Special Plan.
- The plan does NOT include any Management Tasks — they are “Pay as you go” at $150/hour.
- You may upgrade your current plan at any time.
- We reserve the right to upgrade your service and charge a higher fee at anytime (you will be notified prior to any change).
Website Tasks (Content Updates or “Priority Management Tasks”) are part of website management on behalf of the client. A task is one that doesn’t require any special coding, doesn’t require installation of any new plugin or code outside of the visual or text view in WordPress. Management tasks will be completed within 2 business days (we will strive to complete requests in less than 24 hours except on Weekends and holidays). Management time cannot be banked. Multiple small tasks can be combined. You agree to pay $150/hour if requests exceed 1 hour per month to complete.
Minor fixes are not counted towards your task limits. These will be done for any plan at no cost. Examples are:
- Changing text on a menu
- Deleting a single word
- Finding and replacing a word on a single page
If you have a major update that requires significant time to complete it will be billed at $150/hour. We will gladly add improvements and make design changes to your website billed at $150/hour. Programming changes are billed at $175/hour.
- Site down or blank screen
- Site hacked
Incompatibility Issues, Telecommunication Issues & Server Failure
Empowered Marketing, LLC is not responsible for incompatibility problems with hardware or software on your computer. Websites are designed to function well on current, up to date browsers on both desktop and mobile devices.
Empowered Marketing, LLC is not responsible for telecommunication issues between your location and the server. On rare occasions there may be a service interruption beyond my control. Empowered Marketing, LLC will address any major or minor server issues as fast as possible. Please report any issues in a timely manner.