Basic Understandings and Agreements
- You understand that WP Tech Guru is a SERVICE of Frank’s Designs (Empowered Marketing, LLC).
- You agree to use strong passwords. We STRONGLY recommend that you use a password manager like LastPass.com.
- You agree NOT to allow other people to use your login credentials. Just ask us and we’ll set up a new user account for anyone who needs access to your website back end.
- You agree to use email as the primary means of communication with us. Phone requests should be limited to scheduling appointments and emergencies. Texting is not acceptable.
- By entering into an agreement with Frank’s Designs you affirm that your website isn’t used in malicious or illegal ways including spam, pornography, or bullying.
- You authorize us to install any plugin or change any code we deem necessary to maintain security and functioning of your WordPress installation.
- You authorize us to put your website in “maintenance mode” if necessary (this replaces your website with a temporary message explaining that we are working on your site)
- We agree to communicate with developers of plugins and themes who respond to support or related requests.
- You agree to monitor your website on a regular basis (weekly recommended) and report problems as soon as possible. You could notice a problem before we do.
- We reserve the right to change the pricing (you will be notified prior to any change).
- We reserve the right to modify our “Repair Service Details” and “Terms” at any time. Modifications will be either in your favor, or minor in nature. Major modifications will be brought to your attention.
- You agree to treat us with respect – verbal abuse, disrespectful behavior, childish behavior will not be tolerated.
- You agree to indemnify Frank’s Designs—see details.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Situations and Actions
- If your website is compromised (hacked) and we discover the use of weak passwords you agree to pay up to $500 for website repair based on the hours it takes to restore your site to pre-hacked condition.
Plugin or Theme Conflicts and Problems
- WordPress Plugin or themes can cause problems due to conflicts and lack of the developer’s maintenance. If this occurs we will likely have to charge you for the time it takes to repair at $120 per hour.
- Typically it take 15-30 minutes to repair but can take longer in some cases.
- Any Repair Services requiring a programmer to resolve may be billed at $150/hour. Typically this is a plugin or theme problem that the developer has ignored or failed to address in a timely manner.
Cancellation or Termination
- We reserve the right to remove premium plugins licensed to Frank’s Designs when you cancel your plan. Plugins essential to the functioning of your website will either be replaced with free plugins OR left in place but with the license removed. To update premium themes or plugins left in place you need to purchase your own licenses or work with a webmaster that holds the same licenses for multiple websites.
Extras Included With Your Plan
- All premium themes and plugins for which Frank’s Designs has an unlimited license are included at no charge.
- Awesome Customer Service.
Excluded from Your Plan
- If your website uses a premium (paid) theme or plugin for which we don’t maintain a license or plugin and we need to purchase it to obtain the current version you will be billed for it and are responsible for the ongoing costs.
- Email hosting is NOT included unless specifically requested and may result in additional fees. Because email can be affected by events beyond our control; email management (solving technical problems with email) may incur additional charges even if email is hosted on our server. Solving complex email deliverability problems is billed at $120/hour.
- If your website is poorly designed, or uses a poorly designed theme we can still speed it up dramatically but we can’t promise the kinds of speeds you can get with a well designed site. If you need a well designed website ask us! That is what we do!
- Repairing pre-existing problems (error messages, non-functioning elements etc.) on your website is excluded. By entering an agreement with us you are authorizing us to repair those pre-existing problems at a rate of $120/hour unless a programmer is needed. Programmer hours are billed at $150/hour.
- If a problem appears immediately after we transfer your site to our server that is not quickly resolved we reserve the right to bill you for the time required to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. This is considered a pre-existing problem.
- If you have existing, files, code and/or you hire a 3rd party programmer outside of the relationship with Frank’s Designs: Frank’s Designs has no obligation to resolve problems caused by items created outside of our authority. Upon request Frank’s Designs (WP Tech Guru) may offer to troubleshoot, and if possible resolve the problem. You agree that problems with programming, integrations or applications not developed by Frank’s Designs are your responsibility and you agree to work with the 3rd party developers or programmers and compensate them if necessary.
- Frank’s Designs will cooperate fully with 3rd party developers, programmers or integrators to help resolve problems quickly. If you need Frank’s Designs’ team to resolve a problem developed by a 3rd party we may charge hourly for our services.
- Frank’s Designs has no obligation for files outside of your WordPress installation. Any work on these files will be billled hourly.
Legacy Plans (and Special Situations)
The Essentials Plan has been terminated.
If you have the legacy Essentials Plan or agree to a Special Plan.
- The plan does NOT include any Management Tasks — they are Pay as you go at $120/hour.
- You may upgrade your current plan at any time.
- We reserve the right to upgrade your service and charge a higher fee at anytime (you will be notified prior to any change).
Website Tasks (Content Updates or “Priority Management Tasks”) are part of website management on behalf of the client. A task is one that doesn’t require any special coding, doesn’t require installation of any new plugin or code outside of the visual or text view in WordPress. Management tasks will be completed within 2 business days (we will strive to complete requests in less than 24 hours except on Weekends and holidays). Management time cannot be banked. Multiple small tasks can be combined. You agree to pay $120/hour if requests exceed 1 hour per month to complete.
Minor fixes are not counted towards your task limits. These will be done for any plan at no cost. Examples are:
- Changing text on a menu
- Deleting a single word
- Finding and replacing a word on a single page
If you have a major update that requires significant time to complete it will be billed at $120/hour. We will gladly add improvements and make design changes to your website billed at $120/hour. Programming changes are billed at $150/hour.
- Site down or blank screen
- Site hacked
Incompatibility Issues, Telecommunication Issues & Server Failure
Frank’s Designs is not responsible for incompatibility problems with hardware or software on your computer. Websites are designed to function well on current, up to date browsers on both desktop and mobile devices.
Frank’s Designs is not responsible for telecommunication issues between your location and the server. On rare occasions there may be a service interruption beyond my control. Frank’s Designs will address any major or minor server issues as fast as possible. Please report any issues in a timely manner.